photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

April 14, 2014

A Dinosaur Garden Party for Layla

Hi there and happy Monday!  I mentioned last week that my Layla recently turned five but neglected to share the fun pix of her dino-themed party.  So today, I thought I would share a little bit of the fun with a few details with more to come later.



 
I had been anxiously awaiting the debut of the Oh Joy party line for Target and ended buying almost everything to use for Layla's party.  The pretty colors and the feminine gold accents made the perfect pairing with all those dinosaurs!!
 
 

 


I love using fabric for tablecloths so I bought four yards of oxford blue shirting to use for the dining room table so all the bright colors of the cups, plates and napkins would really pop.

 
 





 
I like to keep all the lunch and drinks simple for parties so I have more time to focus on what's important - a certain five year old and her cute friends.  So I usually (always) make the same sandwiches - mozzarella, basil, tomato with balsamic vinaigrette and turkey, arugula & pesto on ciabatta bread - crowd-pleasers and easy to make the morning of.
 
 
 
The cake this year was fun to decorate...Layla riding a triceratops (her fave).  I made the Layla out of fondant that I mixed food coloring into - it matched her party outfit exactly (see here).
 

 


Once lunch was over the girls were each given a plastic pith helmet, bucket and sifter to use while searching for dinosaur fossils in the three sand boxes Scott made.



 
And after all that digging (those fossils were harder to find than I thought) partygoers got to watch Mt. St. Layla erupt....it was a good thing we made sure everyone stood back...Scott added a little too much baking soda (after his first attempt was a little lackluster) and ended up with a face full of vinegar and baking soda!!





We enjoyed cake on the deck and after the girls went and played some more.  Later everyone got to adopt their own dinosaur at the end of the party.


It was a great day...a sunny day...the perfect birthday party for a very special girl!!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...