photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

April 24, 2015

Playroom Do Over Part 2

Hi and happy Friday!!  As promised, I'm following up part one of our playroom makeover with part two - crazy right: )  Taking on this side of the playroom (back towards Scott's gym and sliders) I faced the same issues - wood paneling and no continuity.  And I fixed it in the same way - with white paint and simplifying the decor!

Here is what the space looked like four years (pre move in):

 
 
And two years ago:
 

 
 
And now:
 

 
 
During the first makeover, two years ago, I wanted to use this part of the basement as a place where the girls could work on crafts or draw.  But that never happened and we already have a large art area upstairs for that.  So this space was mostly unused.  Fast forward two years, now both Layla and Hadley are super into dress-up and princesses and this is the most popular place in the whole house!
 
Before (two years ago):
 


 
 
Last year, I bought a bunch of large ceramic feather hooks from Anthropologie and just knew they would be perfect for hanging fancy dresses!  They were originally white so I painted them the same mint green I used throughout the playroom and hung them with 3M Velcro strips.
 
 
 
 
I made the glittery gold dots of scrapbook paper from Michaels and circle punch.  I also added a strip of the glitter paper to the front of a wood hanger to hang the little saying above. 




I also switched around the built-ins on the opposite wall.

Before (two years ago):


After:


Scott has amassed a large amount of this childhood toys that have been, until recently, stored away.  Since I now have a larger space for most of my craft supplies I decided to switch shelves and display his things on the large of the two built-ins. Just made more sense! 

Before (two years ago):



After:



So that's the new and improved playroom!  Hoping I'll stay in love with the colors and layout this time around and that the girls spend a lot of time down here enjoying it!


 
 



Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...